As you know, PAN card is a mandatory document in many banking transactions. To avail services like loan, income tax refund, cash transactions above Rs. 50000 etc. you need to quote your 10-digit alphanumeric PAN card number.
It is therefore mandatory to link your PAN number with your bank account. In this blog post, we will see how to link the PAN card with SBI savings account.
To link your PAN card with SBI savings account, you are not required to visit the bank branch. You can link your PAN with State Bank of India bank account through SBI’s internet banking facility – https://www.onlinesbi.com/. However, if your account does not have the internet banking facility, you first register for it. Besides, you need to have a mobile number registered with your bank account and an active ATM-cum-Debit card.
With all of the above, here are the steps listed to link your PAN card number with your State Bank of India savings account.
- Visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/.
- Login to your account by entering your user id and password and the given captcha.
- In “My Accounts” section, select “Profile-PAN Registration”
- After landing on “Profile-PAN Registration” page, select the account number for which you want to link your PAN number.
- Write your PAN number and click “Submit”.
Also Read: Pan Card Instantly Online
This will forward your request to the bank. The bank usually takes 7 days to process your request. You will receive the status of your request on your registered mobile number.