What is the Difference Between VERIFY PAN / STATUS PAN
Are ‘Verify PAN’ and ‘Status PAN’ the same thing or there is a difference between these two terms.
The term ‘Verify PAN’ means verification of PAN Data including Name of Pan Card Holder and PAN Number of Pan Card Holder whereas ‘Status PAN’ means to know about the Status of Pan Application thus, the two terms differ from each other in the following manner.
- No verification of PAN can be made before the allotment of PAN Number but after the generation of PAN application, Status of the PAN application starts and the applicant can check the status using receipt number.
- Once the applicant has received the Pan Card, a search of ‘Status PAN’ ends while ‘Verification of PAN’ starts after allotment of PAN Number and it ends never.
- To search for the ‘Status of PAN’ it is considered to search it using Receipt / Acknowledgement, Coupon Number of Pan Application while in case of ‘Verification of Pan’ it is made by using Name or Pan Number of Pan card Holder.
- For verifying PAN by Date of Birth of pan card holder or by Name of Pan Card Holder, is mandatory while in case of Status pan Date of Birth has no role.
- After delivery of Pan card, the process of Pan Status ends as no need to track the status now whereas ‘Verification of PAN Data’ is always on and it can be done any time and as many times as needed by using name or number of pan card.
Verify Pan Card Status
Who Can/ Should Verify PAN Status
Pan Card applicant applying for new Pan Card or reprint or for reissuing of Pan Card is issued a 15 digit unique acknowledgement number or receipt. Thus each applicant can verify his/her application online and can trace it.
When the Pan Card Status should be checked by any individual
An applicant can verify status after 5 days from the day of generation of acknowledgement number.
For tracking the status of the application form of any applicant an application status form can be filled which consists of application type, applicant’s details including name and date of birth and also the acknowledgement number generated for the PAN card. For this, firstly select the type of application whether it is for new pan card for any correction in PAN card details or for a reprint of PAN card, then type 15 digit acknowledgement number and then click on submit button to get the Status update.
Verify PAN CARD DATA
Any applicant can verify the PAN Data and Pan Card Details by the PAN Number of the relevant person and the pan data can be verified by the Name of the applicable person. So, a pan card can be verified using Pan No. or by using the name. The third parties can also verify the PAN data and details of the cardholder and can know with whom the person is going to make monetary transactions and the data is open to all.